Tuesday, 17 August 2010

Happy Birthday Alice and Rosie!

This month it is Alice's and Rosie's (my nieces) birthdays! So, I decided to make them two special bags to match their personalities. Alice is a girly girl, so I picked this beautiful pink cotton fabric for the outside and a floral lining. I had in my remnant bin a small piece of yellow fabric with butterflies, which I ironed on fusible interface to make it more manageable. Then I cut out three butterflies and glued them on the bag, and used some of the wings to form a flower (bottom left corner). To finish it off, I sewed beads along the top edge and put a snap fastener in the middle.
Rosie is into dinosaurs, so imagine my enthusiasm when I found this fabric at John Lewis today! I bought enough fabric to make sure there are two full dinosaurs in the pattern, and then cut them out and made this tote bag. I used heavy interface to make it sturdy, because the bag is quite large.

No comments:

Post a Comment