Thursday, 5 August 2010

Mobile phone case

Yesterday I received an amazing book by Lexie Barnes, Sew What! Bags: 18 Pattern-Free Projects You Can Customize to Fit Your Needsand couldn't wait to start making some of the bags and cases in the book! I went straight to John Lewis for some supplies but unfortunately all the trendy fabrics were too expensive for my wallet (£10.45 per meter). So I went to McCulloch and Wallis across the street--they have a carton box downstairs where they throw old samples and leftover pieces of fabric, some for sale some for free. I took all the free samples and bought three quite large pieces of fabric (project to come!). Here's the first thing I made with two of the samples: a case for my mobile phone! First I ironed fusible interface on the back of the fabric to make it more durable, I stitched the edges, and voila a handy girly case with the same design in two different colours front and back!




No comments:

Post a Comment