Friday, 8 July 2011

Girly gifts: Pencil case & Bookmark gift set, and a summery top

Hello everyone!

Today's projects were really fun to make, as the recipients are two gorgeous little misses whose birthdays are coming up soon.

The first one is a gift set I made for my beautiful niece Alice, who loves to read! I laid out all my fabrics and ribbons and came up with this combination of colours, which I think is fresh and bright.

The first one is a pencil holder, which opens and closes very easily with Velcro. Initially I intended it to be a glasses case, but it is not sturdy enough despite the padding, so I think it would work more efficiently as a pencil case. It has a soft red lining and a bright lime bias tape all around. I was tempted to keep it for myself, but I guess I have to make another trip to IKEA to buy some more of this fun fabric!

The bookmark was a 30' project. I ironed some fusible interfacing between the two pieces of fabric to make it stiffer and then stitched a piece of green fabric and a matching button on top.
The second gift is for Kostandina, my sister's godchild, who is celebrating her birthday this Saturday. She is a cutie pie and loves her girly clothes :) I have a really fantastic book by  Emma Hardy called Making Children's Clothes, and it has a lot of very easy patterns. I liked the one featured on the cover, so I thought I'd give it a try. I used a beautiful summery red fabric and here's the result! I am thinking of altering the pattern to make one for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment