Friday, 5 August 2011

Funky IKEA fabric Multi Tasking Tote (design by Lisa Lam)

Taking a break from all the baby-making sewing, I decided to finish a bag that I had started a few weeks ago but had put away because of the gazillion steps it took to put it together. The pattern is from Lisa Lam's fantastic book The Bag-Making Bible, which gives step-by-step detailed instructions on all the aspects of bag-making. I would not recommend it to beginners, as it requires some advanced skills in sewing, but it is a must-have for anyone that needs advice and instructions on how to make all sorts of pockets/straps etc. on a bag.

Initially it looked quite small, but when I finished it I was really pleasantly surprised by the amount of stuff I can fit in it, including a body towel and a pair of flip-flops and of course all the necessaries like phone, wallet, and a water bottle (yes, it is necessary for a pregnant woman in 35 degrees in Greece). 

So, here are some pictures of the gorgeous roomy bag! I have to note that I messed up the bag handle bases (they are supposed to be vertical and not horizontal) but I'm sure nobody (but Lisa Lam and her fans :) would notice.
The bag from the side. 

Inside of the bag. It has 6 big pockets! 

I have started another one in a different combination of fabrics (red and black). Will post as soon as it is ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment